Skip to main content

He Doesn't Burn for Me



She stood in the middle of the crowd, alone. 

He left for a minute and then returned. 

They danced for some time.


People around them were kissing, dancing and enjoying the moment.

 She was looking at the performers, listening to the music and having fun. 


She kept on thinking however, that he was a very nice guy but didn't really excite her. 

"Is this what my life will be like?" - she thought.

"Does this mean that I will either have to settle for someone that doesn't burn for me or stay single for the rest of my life?"

Her thoughts started circulating in her mind while the music was getting louder and louder. 

"He is a very nice guy and he is handsome, but he doesn't burn for me. Do I keep pursuing this? I mean, I am not young anymore..."


Her thoughts were interrupted by him.

He benτ towards her. 

Said something funny.

They both laughed. 


Was that enough though?


2023

Comments